CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday 23 January 2008

No meat please

I got family coming in April, who are MASSIVE carnivores.
And they are the kind that actually thinks that meat - is mans given right to eat- it´s natural for these people (and then you wonder why there´s wars in the world?!)

Now, I´ve made it clear that I am no longer cooking meat for anyone. I refuse to go out and buy a piece of another being that has sufered immensly and been treated like nothing to prepare for them and in that support the separation and the lack of self honesty in application.
So that seems to have been accepted, even though there had to be some grunts just to make sure that I got that that was a pain in itself for them to have to endure.

And then to the question about children. Well, since I used to be a meat eater , before I had some realizations, the children has had meat in the past, and still get it in school. So the transcision here will take a while for them.
When you are then in a situation where one is vegetarian and one is a carnivore, then what message are you giving uyour chilren? I wonder what goes on in their heads with this.

One the one hand you´ve got mum saying that eating meat is totally unecesary and that since I would not like to be killed and eaten just because someone liked the taste o meat, then why should i do that to another being? Also touched the subject of how animals are treated and slaughtered and that there is no difference between you or them apart from the body you happen to be in. Common sense to me - but then they have a dad...

Who is displaying perfectly that for him meat is ok to eat, even though he knows exactly what that entails, but choses to continue eating meat and in that supporting it.
How confusing that must be for a child! There is a massive divide there, and ofcourse, the biggest problem here for me is the total lack from the carnivore to see the greater picture, but to chose to shut down, instead of having a few realizations about life. That is not good at all. And that is supportive of and creates separation.

So - I´ve gone so far as to say that this is a huge issue. because right there is the divide in chosing self honesty as all as equal and one which is the only way for us all to have a future, so in refusing to face you and what you are allowing, instead hiding behind all sorts o redicilous excuses , when there really are none, you do not realize what you are losing.

I cannot accept or allow any of that sort of behaviour any longer in my life. I do not want any meat consumed in this house any longer. We have to take responsability and do what has to be done.- Why can we not instead make this change and in that actually together find new ways of enjoying food.

So I wonder what will happen if I say: Noope, I do not accept any meat inside this house. Would they go back home? Would they fight? Most certainly yes. it would get very ugly. Will I shut up about it? Hell no. I will keep bickering and annoying them about what is on their plates, until perhaps one day they´ve had enough and actually starts thinking about it.
WHY the fuck should I allow that in my life?

So bottom line is, husban does not really get the debth and severity of this divide and separation.
he does not understand the ull implications of what he is doing, whereas to me it is perectly clear, and he does not allow himsel to apply common sense in his life, no matter what issue, but seems happy to live in his little bubble, where everything shoudl remain very much the same and he can continue supresing and allowing hismel to be blissully unaware..
Well, if he wont listen - then maybe he will see through events unfolding - events that are inevitable due to him refusing to face himself.

it is like being married to someone who is so fucked over by systems that you cannot make any common sense to come forth or sweep through - perhaps it´s all gone - total system override there.

That only leaves me with one option and that is to up and leave. I cannot allow anyone to remain of old, that has to go. We have all got to take responability for ourselves, there is no way out of this one. So - april will be a death and rebirth month for me. I look at it as my rebirth- because my self honesty point is then there straight in my face. I am not gonna fall again.

0 comments: